Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the future of flash is fast

the storage anarchist
a blog about advanced storage and technology, written from a unique viewpoint

the future of flash is fast
I had the honor yesterday of hosting an EMC Investor Relations "Tech Talk" webcast on the subject of Flash Drives and EMC FAST (Fully Automated Storage Tiering).
Although Chris Mellor scooped me with his second-hand coverage of the event (Chris leveraged a report put out by Aaron Rakers to customers of Stifel Nicolaus Equity Research for his story), I thought I'd share the session with my readers first-hand.
So, if you have an hour or so, pop over to the IR landing page on EMC.com and click the banner link to the recorded webcast (or go directly to the webcast hosting site). But take notice – this webcast will be available on-line only through October 21, 2009.
I also included the net result of the FAST demo that Chad Sakac presented at VMworld 2009 in yesterday's presentation. If you'd like to see the complete demonstration, it's available on YouTube here: More ...

No comments: